Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Pioneering...


Being that this was a year of pioneering, I wanted to share some thoughts on what I've learned about it. Mind you, nothing has been mastered. In fact, I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of what it means to pioneer a work from the ground up. It's easy to excitedly commit while in the planning stages and then realize later the sacrifice and time commitment it takes. As a leadership team, we have really been counting the cost of pioneering this work with orphans. It's not something you can do in a year, two, or even three. It takes a commitment and long-term thinking to get it off the ground.

The theme of this pioneering journey for me has been patience. It's easy to try and do too much too fast and then nothing sustains. God has given us much vision and has been faithful to direct us in the timing. But it's easy to get ahead of yourself in this process.

As I continue to count the cost and the sacrifice, I simply bring my mind back to the kids. Those precious children who long for home in every sense of the word. And then I pray, Lord, help me to make a difference in the lives of these children, no matter the cost.

1 comments :

blissful_e said...

Beautiful post.

I think your and Jeremy's (and the entire leadership team's) vision is astounding and certainly straight from God's heart.

It is wonderful that you are committed for the long haul, and you are right - that is what it takes to sustain true change in all the lives you touch!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...