Monday, January 12, 2009

Fruit Salsa


This one was absolutely delicious! I had to deviate from the original recipe a bit but it was awesome!

*16 oz. frozen mixed berries, thawed
2 medium peaches, diced
2 medium kiwi, peeled and diced
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel

*It's hit or miss on finding frozen berries here so I just used fresh strawberries, blueberries, and mangoes.

Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
8 flour tortillas
3 tablespoons butter, melted
3 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1. In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients; set aside. Brush both sides of tortillas with butter. Combine the sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over both sides of tortilla. Cut each into 6 wedges.

2. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400F for 6-8 min. on each side or until crisp. Drain salsa; serve with tortilla chips.

3 comments :

melanie said...

oooo....I love fruit salsa! mmmmm

Stonefox (otherwise known as Heidi) said...

You come up with some great stuff! Thanks for sharing these recipes.

Stonefox (otherwise known as Heidi) said...

I was going to email you, but couldn't find your address on here. I wanted to ask if you would be willing to do a guest post on my blog sharing about what God is doing in your area (for my What in the World is God Doing feature). Let me know if you are interested. I love the pictures of the classroom and baskets!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...