With Joshua Emma and Grace going to school, they are not only learning a bit of Afrikaans but also english word choices that are a bit different than what I'm used to growing up in my American culture. Let me show you just what I mean:
- Instead of crooked...it's skew.
- Eraser...rubber. (Ok, now stop laughing, my American friends!)
- Bathing suit...swimming costume.
- Bad...naughty. (They are always quick to name all the naughty kids at school...they are never on the list!)
- Pick up (like from school)...fetch.
- Traffic light...robot.
- Trash can...dust bin.