Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Birthday And A Bunny

cake!

Tuesday we celebrated Isabelle's first birthday! It's so awesome to welcome a baby into this world and see them as they grow and discover new things. Isabelle is such a joy to be around and such a content baby. I love her smile and all her expressions. It's always so much fun to see those little ones start to develop a personality! I love it!

birthday girl and her parents

Keeping with my gifting a handmade, I decided to try my knitting hand at something new...a stuffed animal! I really wanted to make Patty the Puppy because I know how much Isabelle likes dogs. But I quickly discovered that trying to learn to crochet AND make a gift in time, was way too much to expect of myself. Patty will have to wait until there's no time crunch. Instead I went with a rabbit pattern from Knitting Daily. It definitely tested my skills, figuring out how much to stuff and seaming the arms and legs, but I was pleased with the results. I even knit a little sweater vest to dress it up (thanks Joey's House!)

isabelle's bunny

it's a bunny!

I have a crocheting lesson lined up when the students get back from outreach. Maybe Patty will come along sooner than I think!


8 comments :

blissful_e said...

That knitted bunny and vest is the cutest thing I've seen in ages. What a fantastic gift for that precious one-year-old. :)

Lindsey Kaufman said...

I think it's funny you got pics of Isabelle's party on your blog before me! She loves her bunny. We were playing with it yesterday and she was just giggling away. I'm glad you made the hat, too. I think it's cute on her and she needed something to keep her head warm now that it's so cool outside. Thanks so much Jen!

Pilar Stark said...

So sweet. I can´t believe anyone is able to do things like that. You are so talented

melanie said...

Girl..you totally have skills! Awesome! :)

JenniferK said...

So cute, Love the pictures and Bunny! Wish your knitting skills would float on over to SC and land on me! :) Oh, I need the time too..ha ha!

TAMI said...

Absolutely ADORABLE!!!

Courtney said...

Wow, so cute Jen! Makes me want to learn.

Life on The Rowland Ranch said...

Love the bunny with the little vest!! Adorable!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...