Sunday, April 19, 2009

Some Chocolate Dipped Macaroons, Anyone?

macaroons

I've wanted to try my hand at making macaroons. Just because they sounded good and I wanted to try something new. I found this recipe in a magazine we get here called Ideas. Full of just that. Ideas from crafts to cooking to yes, even knitting. Here's this super easy recipe (conveniently converted from grams and milliliters :)).

2/3 cup flour
6 1/2 cups coconut
1 tin condensed milk
2 tsp. vanilla
dark chocolate and milk for dipping

Stir together the flour, coconut, and a pinch of salt. Then, pour in condensed milk and the vanilla. Stir.

Spoon teaspoonfuls of mixture onto greased baking tray. Bake macaroons in a preheated 350F oven for 12-15 minutes. Cool on wire rack.

Melt dark chocolate bar and some milk in pan. Dip macaroons in chocolate. Don't skimp on the chocolate. It makes this delectable treat muy bueno!

1 comments :

melanie said...

My husband would LOVE these! I would love these! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...