Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Butterfly, Princess Birthday

birthday girls

Since Arielle's and Emma Grace's birthdays are so close, Anneke and I decided to do a joint party this past Saturday. I'm so glad we did! We each added our own touches and it was absolutely beautiful! I'm almost thinking we should start a birthday catering business. I love it so much!

birthday party

Anneke decorated the cake. She made butterflies out of egg whites, powdered sugar, and food coloring.

birthday cake

She also cut butterflies from felt and hung them from some tulle that we hung between the trees.

butterflies

I knit scrappy purses for all the girls and stuffed them with sassy frass hair bands as well as goodies my mom sent me from the states! I think the girls liked them! I sewed a piece of material on the inside so I could personalize them with their names.

personalized

scrappy purse

The birthday fun consisted of...

The girls (and boys) making beaded necklaces...with some help from bigger hands!

making necklaces

Blowing out candles after the Happy Birthday song.

blowing out candles

Opening gifts.

opening gifts

And then cooling off poolside.

arielle swimming

Other shots...
Mommies and their daughters.

anneke and girls

mommy and daughter

Siblings enjoying the party.

boys swimming

zoe

Grandma and Grandpa, Emma Grace says THANK YOU for the princess stuff!

princess

When it got too hot, she made a quick wardrobe change to the dress Anneke made her, but of course kept the crown. She is a princess, after all.

beautiful dress

It was a perfect day with 2 sweet little girls, their friends,
our friends and great fun.
Birthday hand knits to be revealed soon!



4 comments :

Jess said...

What a dream party for any little girl! Everything looked so beautiful! You guys most definitely should go into the birthday party business! Looks like a super special day for everyone that was there, but especially for the little birthday princesses! :)

TAMI said...

What super cute creativity you poured out on these girls!

LibbyLibbyLibbyLibbyLibby said...

All I can say is WOWzies!!! I'm going to your house for my parties next year! :) I love the cake and the felt butterflies, how beautiful!

Neva Modzelewski said...

Awesome! The joint birthday party you held for Arielle and Emma is colorful and creative! Looking at these pictures, it seems that the children had a wonderful time at the party. Why don’t you push through with your plan of having your own catering business? After seeing your creativity, I’m quite sure the business will be a success!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...