Thursday, January 28, 2010

I Like To Fly

airplane wing

I was reminded on this last trip that I like to fly.  Everyone has a purpose, a destination.  Some are coming, others are going, all ending up somewhere.  For me, it's always been a place where I can breathe a sigh of relief.  All the craziness and hustle and bustle of getting ready is over.  No need to worry about what didn't get done, because frankly, there's nothing you can do about it now. 

And as that plane takes off, there's nothing better than letting that soothing lull take you off to dreamland.  And those 1, 2, 3, or 17 hours in the air, well, it's like forced stillness (sometimes I need that).  No busyness, just reading, knitting, or whatever else you like to do to pass the time.  I've done and will continue to do a lot of flying, so it's a good thing that I like flying.

3 comments :

blissful_e said...

Looks like you got a window seat! :)

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

:o).... I like to fly too! There are many times that I think that thought of "How fun would it be to be a flight attendant and see sights all over the world!" OR just catch a flight for no reason in particular...

I love to have my hand pieced quilting to do, when I am traveling :o) Hm...haven't had to travel in a bit...so sadly, I have several unfinished quilt tops waiting to get worked on.

Blessings & Aloha!
Thank you for stopping by! I truly appreciate your comments :o) I have never been to NYC, but think it is an awesome "tradition" that our son in law has started for them. Hm...one day, I'd love to visit NYC with my hubby!

Lindsey Kaufman said...

I USED to like flying...maybe in a few more years it will be peaceful again. :) I'm already dreading the flight to the States at the end of the year! At the rate Ethan's going, he'll be walking by then so it will be even more hectic.

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...