Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Simple

simplicity

Now that we've been in our house for a little over week, I've been able to settle into some kind of routine with the kids.  We're finding our new normal for this season.  A normal that includes regular bedtimes (finally!), home schooling days, and afternoon play with the neighbor kids.

Another thing I am enjoying is living a little more simply.  I guess it's the nature of the season for us with most of our belongings sitting in storage in Africa.  We are learning to get by on a lot less.  It actually feels so good.  Evaluating what is really needed and not having a lot of extra stuff that I have to find a place for.  Yes, it feels good.  It feels freeing.  It feels less weighty.  It just feels right.

3 comments :

blissful_e said...

Totally agree with you on this. Less stuff means more time, emphasis, and focus on the non-stuff in our lives.

You may enjoy this link from a favourite minimalist blog: http://www.becomingminimalist.com/2010/02/23/give-more-time/

Debbie O said...

That's so funny you should talk about less stuff cause today I was telling my husband that I was in the purging mode...we have too much stuff.

I liked when it was simpler and there was less so I am working a little bit at a time to clear out the stuff.

LibbyLibbyLibbyLibbyLibby said...

I hear you! I have been letting go of stuff lately, lots of stuff. It is definitely freeing.

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...