Monday, February 15, 2010

Snow Day

snow on the deck
snow day - berries

For my Texas friends, wasn't that snowfall last week incredible?  Over 7 inches!  When the forecast called for snow, I was skeptical.  And then when I woke up and saw the falling flakes that lasted the entire day, I was convinced!  It was a beautiful day.  I do think, however, than I'm wimping out.  I don't like going out in the cold!  The only thing I managed to do was snap a few shots of the beauty and the beautiful snowman built by a little girl and her daddy!

Snowman builders

Look at that man!

snowman

I always love those rosy cheeks that appear after a day of playing in the cold!

rosy cheeks

5 comments :

Jelly Wares said...

What a great day out in the snow.... The snow man is just divine..

Hugs
Jodie :)

blissful_e said...

I can't believe it! My parents said it was the biggest snowfall in 30 years!

Rosy cheeks are the best part - oh, and hot chocolate.

Dana said...

Lovely! I was enjoying all the snow for awhile, but it is sort of getting to me. Not the snow so much, actually, but the frigid temperatures. It is hard to enjoy the snow when you are getting frostbite on the way to the tobogganing hill!

LibbyLibbyLibbyLibbyLibby said...

Your TX friend here agrees it was absolutely breathtakingly amazing! LOVED it! Whats been really funny is that all the snow is melted but you can still see snowmen all over the place. Our snow man just now lost his head but his body is still frumpy and together... I guess that sounds creepy and actually, seeing a bunch of snowmen without snow has been funny... LOVE Jeremy and Emma Grace's snowman...the long limb arms are so cute! Red rosy cheeks and red ears! Brrrrrr !!!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Great photos! Cute little one and great snowman!

I am a major wimp when it comes to "cold" weather! Sad to say, but Cold to me is in the 50's!

Blessings & Aloha!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...