Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Birds, The Birds!

spring chicks

Birds make me think of spring.  And then I hear Mary Poppins singing in the background.  Not really, but aren't birds great!  The birds, the flowers, the spring air...it's just so wonderful and refreshing.  So wonderful that when these little things caught my eye I knew I wanted to make them!

easter chicks

Little spring chicks and bluebirds that will end up in my kid's Easter baskets this Sunday.  Aren't they cute?  Next time around I would knit a smaller beak on the bluebirds but they're lovely nonetheless.

birds on a branch 

Hope you have a wonderful day with the sound of birds chirping at your window!

4 comments :

blissful_e said...

And I thought knitting was just clothing!! These are adorable.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Goodness! Adorable! Did you follow a pattern or just see them and do them? I can see something crocheted and copy it, but I only knitted something once and had to follow the pattern instructions. (I hope to post about that knitted piece, if I can find the photo of it!)

Our middle daughter loves Mary Poppins still at 23 yrs old...but part of that is cuz even when when first saw it at 4 or 5, she had a "crush" on Dick Van Dyke! haha

Blessings & Aloha!
(thank you for stopping by! Just now catching up on blog reading! Yay for a mid week day off! have to catch up on housecleaning and drawing orders too...)

The Reeds said...

These are so precious!!

LibbyLibbyLibbyLibbyLibby said...

Oh my goodness those are so cute and they look really difficult to make...like my hands would hurt or something. SOOOOOOOoo cute !!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...