Friday, March 26, 2010

Coaching

spring flowers

Today we have our first coaching appointment.  In the past couple of years, I started becoming familiar with life coaching.  We know some people who are life coaches and have friends that have a life coach that walks with them.  In the past couple of months, I've come to understand it even more.  A coach is not a counselor who tells you what to do, what to change, or gives advice, but rather someone who listens, asks a lot of questions, and helps you determine and achieve personal goals.

We will specifically be doing sabbatical coaching.  Although I don't know everything that entails, I believe some of it will center around helping us to disengage from the ministry for this season and learn to rest.  Honestly, I haven't quite figured out if true rest is possible when your kids are young, or if I just don't know how to rest.  I'm not necessarily talking about sleep but about true rest for your spirit, soul, and body.  I'm also not sure what personal goals I have (other than learning to rest) but I'm looking forward to letting God write the script...

2 comments :

blissful_e said...

What a fabulous idea. I know a lady who works in France as a life coach and her job always sounds cool to me.

If you come away with any tips on truly resting when you have small kids, I'd love to hear them.

Ana said...

I love the idea Jen, I hope you are having a good time and that God will re-charge your batteries ;) Blessings

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...