Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Looking For Some Green!

shamrock

Well, Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!  We don't usually celebrate this holiday except for the occasional poke if someone isn't wearing green!  But this year I thought it would be fun to do a little something.  And any holiday is a reason to craft, right?  These little shamrocks were a perfect quick knit for my hands which have been on hiatus from the needles.  The kids will each get one of these with a little "green" to go with it!  We'll also be enjoying a corned beef, cabbage, and potato meal tonight.  I just love corned beef!

I decided to take some time to actually look up some of the significance of St. Paddy's Day and found out some interesting things.  One site said that St. Patrick used the shamrock to explain the trinity to unbelievers.  It also said that it's a traditional day for spiritual renewal and offering prayers for missionaries worldwide.  So whether you celebrate this holiday or not, let's make it a point to pray for any missionaries we know around the world!

4 comments :

The Herd said...

awesome!! Wish I could knit like you!--well, knit at all---would be nice, but I've never learned!

By the way, I have my cloths, and Love them!

How's your time been? Are you feeling refreshed? Any revelations? You can always email me to answer this:). I'd love to hear from you!

heather said...

St Patty Day is a great day to share about St. Pat's live and mission. A great homeschooler teachable holiday. Hope your time in the States is refreshing. Sounds like homeschooling is working for you. Did you go with HOD or Sonlight? Are you enjoying the curriculum?

blissful_e said...

Cute shamrock! St Pats is a huge holiday at my university - he's supposed to be the patron saint of engineers. Snakes, shillelaghs, green beer... it wasn't pretty, but it was colourful. :)

I appreciate knowing that it's a day to pray for missionaries! Some friends of ours in the field are really struggling right now.

LibbyLibbyLibbyLibbyLibby said...

A quick knit!!! Looks soooo complicated to my eyes! ..turns and twists and stems and such. :-)

Your a beautiful proverbs wife and mommy!!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...