Monday, March 1, 2010

Photography 101...Wrapping It Up

After 6 classes, I can honestly say I am so glad I took this course!  I've shared bits of my new knowledge and hope it has also helped all of you!  I would say, though, if you are thinking at all about taking a class, DO IT!  You'll be glad you did!  A few things I didn't share that I love.

Photography means drawing with light.  Isn't that cool!?  I've never considered myself a painter or someone who could draw, but with light...well, I think I can do that!

Another thing that I love that helps me to take better photos is to think about what story I want to tell with the photo.  What do I want to focus on that will capture the moment?  It will change the way you take photos!

cuddling
these 2 make an excellent story!

I've also been looking at a macro filter.  Does anyone out there use one of these?  It's a much cheaper alternative to the wide angle 12-24mm zoom lens I was drooling over!  I've heard you get what you pay for, but a good macro filter would probably run about $30.  Seems like a decent price to me.
Well, that concludes Photography 101.  I hope you have learned something new or at least been inspired to try some new things with your camera.  It's so fun and the possibilities are endless!

3 comments :

Heather said...

Jen, that pic of your kids is priceless! Absolutely love it!

The Reeds said...

Can you show an example (if you have one) of how the filter makes a difference?

And how did you find your class?

LibbyLibbyLibbyLibbyLibby said...

Ditto Heather! I am amazed at your photography... spectacular. Even before your classes...stunning.

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...