Sunday, May 30, 2010

Smoothie Season

smoothie berries

It's warm in these parts, and warm weather in the Price household means smoothies.  Lots and lots of smoothies.  Now I don't have any secret ingredients or anything, and smoothies aren't hard to make.  In fact, you probably have a great way that you make them.  But it is recipe Sunday, and smoothies have been a plenty around here.  So here goes my non-secret recipe!

in the blender

1 banana
about 4 ice cubes
generous portion of plain yogurt
as many berries (and by berries I mean strawberries, blackberries, blueberries...) as you like
dash of milk (to thin it out a little)
smidgen of honey or agave nectar

smoothie

Throw it all in the blender and turn it on!  Serve to anxiously awaiting family and enjoy!  By the way, I'm a measurer.  I don't think that's a word, but what I mean is I always measure when cooking.  I'm that kind of cook, but when it comes to smoothies, well, no measuring necessary!

6 comments :

MaryAnne said...

We're eating lots of smoothies at our house, too =)

blissful_e said...

Yum!

LibbyLibbyLibbyLibbyLibby said...

Yeah, yummmmy! Been making lots with the wild blackberries out here...lots O' purple smoothies! :)

Val said...

We have just started making smoothies, they are so wonderful in the afternoon as a pick me up :) Yum!

Jennifer S. said...

This is a good idea! I usually add silken tofu to get some protein into my little picky eater. Bwa ha ha.

Sonia said...

I RARELY measure. Maybe i'd be a better cook if I did. LOL.

I have been reading this website about smoothies. I've decided to use them to help me lose weight. www.incrediblesmoothies.com if you are interested.

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...