Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Knitting for Babes

diaper cover

A high school friend contacted back in May about knitting some items for her soon to be niece!  Luckily, the baby wasn't due until August and I had 3 months to make everything.  Because of copyright laws, I had to come up with my own patterns which is still somewhat new territory for me.

pom pom hat

For this stripey, roll brim, pom pom hat, I used the jogless stripes method from Tech Knitting.  I love being able to stretch myself and learn new techniques that will help me with other projects!

hat with a tail

It was great that I had so much time to complete these 2 hats, diaper cover, and cocoon.  I wasn't rushed at all!  The cocoon looks much better with a baby in it and looks even better with a real baby in it! 

cocoon

baby in cocoon

These were ordered for the purpose of a photo session.  See Hollie's photo shoot pics here.  I personally think they make great props!  You can look for these coming in my shop soon! 

5 comments :

Ivo Serentha and Friends said...

Compliments for your blog and pictures included, I invite you to see the photo blog,
CLICK PHOTOSPHERA

Each week released a new album

Greetings from Italy

Marlow

blissful_e said...

What a fun project! And so much cooler than an afghan... :) I don't understand about the copyrights - my guess is that some patterns are only intended for personal use?

Hollie Jones said...

Love it! I need to get the rest of the pictures up with the diaper cover!! That one turned out adorable!!! You are one creative chicka!

Ana Degenaar said...

Jen those are so cute, it reminds me I need to buy Emma a doll :)

MaryAnne said...

These are so cute! They made for some adorable photos, too =)

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...