Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Elegance And Craftiness Meet

I love using cloth napkins for dinnertime.  Fancy dinner, casual dinner, it doesn't matter.  I love them for everything!  With Thanksgiving coming up, I realized that I only had four cloth napkins.  That was only half of what I needed, so I went looking through my fabric stash and found a small remnant I had purchased right before we left S. Africa. 

elephant napkin

I used every bit of that remnant to make my four napkins!  I just sewed a line down each side and frayed the edges.  They are simple and perfect.

african napkins

Like I said in the title, this is elegance meets craftiness!  I found a simple napkin ring craft involving toilet paper tubes, paint, and pencils!  The kids and I got to work and created 8 napkin rings.  I will be very proud to have these adorning my Thanksgiving table!

napkin rings

Visit here to visit my Thanksgiving craft roundup post on Today's Mama!

4 comments :

Aunt Spicy said...

Totally agree with you on cloth napkins! These are fabulous!

MaryAnne said...

I love cloth napkins, too, and yours are beautiful!

Ana Degenaar said...

I love those napkins! genius!

blissful_e said...

Very nice!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...