Holiday Food Reviews

12:13 AM

cranberry sauce

I know Thanksgiving has passed but with another holiday coming up quickly, I thought I would share my thoughts on the new dishes I served for our Thanksgiving feast!  I tried three new dishes and I can honestly say they all turned out great!  I would definitely serve them again!

Turkey ~ I brined my turkey.  This was my first time to cook a turkey, and the brine was a very easy way to make it tasty!  Next time, though, I will check the turkey before the recommended cooking time.  I forgot to consider that my current oven cooks really hot!

Cranberry Sauce ~ Oh, my!  This was so good!  I substituted the cup of sugar for 3/4 cup agave.  I made it the day before and thought it tasted pretty tart.  However, it sweetened up in the fridge overnight and was perfect.  Loved it!

Cornbread Stuffing ~ I almost omitted the sausage but decided to go ahead and add some spicy chicken parmesan sausage.  I'm so glad I did!  It gave it such good flavor.  I mixed it up the day before and baked it on Thanksgiving day.  If you do it this way, make sure you add a little extra chicken stock.

Did you try any new holiday recipes?

You Might Also Like


  1. No new holiday recipes here, but we always brine our turkey, and it is soooo good! :)

  2. Maybe we'll try brining next year. I did really like our yam recipe this year - it had marshmallows on top, but no sugar added to the yams. And I steamed the yams instead of boiling them and was really happy with how they turned out that way!


Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images