Friday, December 17, 2010

Shooting In Black And White

I'll admit that shooting in black and white is a stretch for me.  My eyes are naturally drawn to color and the dramatic effects color creates.  Taking away the color forces me to look for other ways to take dramatic eye catching photos.  The other day I set my camera to B&W and set out to take non-color photos.  Looking for interesting textures and taking them from different angles brought me the dramatic results I wanted.

swings

fountain

post

weathered wood

casting shadow

leaves

no dumping allowed

made in usa

bread dough

These photos did go through the editing process.  I used Flickr with the Boost and Holga-ish effects.  Now back to color!

7 comments :

blissful_e said...

What a great photography exercise! The first and last ones are my favs. :)

CraftyCripple said...

Interesting exercise. I've not tried that. I think I could learn a lot by doing it. I may give it a go when the Christmas rush is over.

Liesl said...

Do you shoot in RAW first?

Liesl said...

And Jen, your photos are absolutely beautiful. Your photography has dramatically changed (for the better) over the past year or so. It's been awesome to watch you grow!

Kel said...

What type of camera do you use?

MaryAnne said...

I agree that the first and last are my favorites. What a great exercise in photography; I will always prefer color though I think...

Ana Degenaar said...

I am obsessed with B&W too... These are lovely!
xx

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...