Sunday, February 27, 2011

butter chicken

butter chicken

Jeremy and I love butter chicken.  We actually love Indian food in general.  Butter chicken and a good tikka masala makes my mouth water.  I recently tried this butter chicken recipe that I found off of Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen site.  I forgot to marinate the chicken overnight, didn't use cardamom, and used fresh tomatoes instead of canned.  Despite all that, it still turned out tasty.  I loved the spice that the little bit of cayenne added.  I'm looking forward to trying out more butter chicken recipes until I find the "perfect" one that makes me feel I'm eating in an Indian restaurant...or better yet, India!

4 comments :

blissful_e said...

Just yesterday we were downtown running errands and I caught a glimpse of a menu posted outside a posh Indian restaurant. One line jumped out at me: "Butter Chicken.... 30". As in $30 per entree. I guess it really has been a long time since I've eaten at a restaurant, but that price shocked me. I'm sure your approximation involved a much more reasonable per person cost!

koralee said...

Yummmm....I love the Pioneer Women...this does look like a winner...happy Sunday my friend.

Lindsey V said...

So was this your V-day weekend dinner? Or did you guys go to an Indian restaurant for that wknd?

Also, how did you hear about the Dayspring Focus Group? I would love to get involved in something like that in my area if possible.

Brittany Deniston said...

Hey! I made this for the fam and they loved it! Thanks!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...