Friday, April 22, 2011

from the knitting studio

I worked on a knitting project this week!  It felt so good.  After probably 6 weeks of not knitting, my hands enjoyed the soothing back and forth of needles and yarn, not to mention the satisfaction of completing something.

bunny

duck

I made the kids these mini reversible ducks and bunnies from Susan B. Anderson.  I've said it before but I just love her reversibles in Itty Bitty Toys.  The beautiful thing about the minis is that they're just as cute and you can whip them up very quickly!  Joshua saw the duck before I attached the bunny and he remarked on how cute they were.  As long as my 9 year old thinks things like this are cute, I will keep making them for him!

duck & bunny 

Have a wonderful Easter everyone!  I'm taking the weekend off to reflect on the reason why we celebrate Easter as well as spend time with family.

Don't forget to enter my India giveaway and check out my Easter posts on Today's Mama...Make Your Own Easter Candy, Easter Crafting, and Recipes For The Easter Menu.  See you Monday!

Linking up with Jennifer@Studio JRU for Sneak Peak Friday!

17 comments :

purple said...

they're so cute! oh man.. i wish i had time to make it for easter but i'm still working on prince william and kate. one more week left to finish them. definitely want to try this pattern.
thanks for sharing!- susan

sonyamacdesigns said...

I love them ... they are so cute ... enjoy your weekend!

MaryAnne said...

I love these! Know of any reversible crochet toys like this?

AMKreations said...

They are so adorable! You did an amazing job!

Happy Easter!

Cindy said...

So delightful! I am just now taking up knitting (to do while the homeschooler schools!) and I really identify with the back and forth rhythm as being somewhat comforting! So glad to see you today (coming from Studio JRU)

Blessings!

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Oh my goodness... that is so cute! They are adorable. I have never seen a reversible toy like this. Perfect for an Easter basket! :) Have a wonderful Easter with your family Jen! ♥

The Reeds said...

Adorable!! That duck is precious!

Miranda said...

Oh my... these are the cutest things I've ever seen!!!!! I may have to ask the Easter bunny to make one of these and drop it in my basket. :)
Blessings,
Miranda
P.s. I'm stopping in from Studio JRU :)

Jen said...

These are so super fun and cute! I have not been able to really grasp knitting, but glad to see your talent!

blissful_e said...

Too cute! Happy Easter!

Diana said...

Oh my, so cute. These little guys are amazing. I don't get why they're reversibles? Happy Easter to you and your family.

asoulsoiree said...

Jen... would love to hear your story about Uganda. Thanks for your kind comment :)

Artist Terri Smith said...

Ah..These Are The Cutest EVER! Happy Easter!

con-tain-it said...

Very cute and yes it's always sweet when our children are still impressed with what we create...lol Sometimes we don't find out about it until years later...like the year I made my son a Nascar Jigglers cake with a racetrack and jiggler race cars as a surprise when he got home from school. He was suprised but I didn't know how much of an impact it made on him until years later when he mentioned it in a mother's day card when he was like 18 ;) Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend. Fondly, Roberta

Valerie Weller said...

oh my gosh- these are the most adorable little knities ever! Have a lovely Easter and enjoy your family. Can't wait to see what you create next week.
best to you...

Jennifer said...

Darling knitting, Jen! I knit, if you can call it that. Knit stitch only but I love it when I get comfy and find my rhythm, it is so calming. I bet your kiddos loved them :)

I have been reading your posts about India and your friend's work there. Thanks for sharing the story.

Aunt Spicy said...

super adorable!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...