Friday, May 20, 2011

baby knitting blues

I can't believe the long stints that seem to be happening between knitting projects.  All I know is that life has been a little busier lately leaving me little time during the day to knit and a too tired mama at night to knit.  Just like my kids, I am counting down the days (9!) to summer break, hoping the pace will also slow down a bit.  Until then, I've given myself a baby knitting project for Joshua to give to his teacher.  His teacher's wife is expecting a baby this summer and, because I like gifting and I like knitting, I couldn't pass up an opportunity to make something!

blue diaper cover

baby booties

In case you couldn't tell, it's a boy.  At least I hope, because I made everything in blue!  I already had a diaper cover made, so that was one tick off the list.  Next, I moved on to baby booties.  I used the free Organic Cotton Booties pattern from Bernat.  I couldn't believe how fast these knit up.  I think they will be perfect to warm little toes in the winter months.  After the booties I opted for a pattern I've used before, the Hurricane Hat, but in a smaller size, of course.  It's simple with a little visual interest.  Pics of baby hats are much cuter when they're actually on a baby but at least you get the idea.

hurricane hat

There's a couple of other things I would like to make (non-blue hopefully).  We'll see if time permits before school lets out...in 9 days!

What have you been up to this week?

I'm linking up with Jennifer@Studio JRU for Sneak Peek Friday!  Don't forget to enter my giveaway for fair trade coffee.  And today is the last day to "LIKE" my photo for the Dollar Fifty A Day photo challenge.  Please "LIKE!"

16 comments :

blissful_e said...

So sweet, and they look soft and cozy, too!! What a great gift!

MaryAnne said...

Such beautiful gifts! I just finished some crocheted turtles; I'm sure they'll make an appearance on my blog sometime soon =)

koralee said...

Adorable....and so is your new banner...LOVE it. xoxoxo hugs

sonya la said...

Oh, I see one very happy teacher ... what an awesome gift!

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh, I love that little soaker!! Adorable!

Cindy said...

I have a friend who just got into knitting baby hats - I like the pattern on that hurricane one...and I myself have been knitting a little, just garter stitch with some yarn that I was tired of stepping over - making soft little scarves for next winter : )

Blessings!

O'Melly said...

Hi fellow bloggers! I just discovered your inspiring blog in the pages of Artful Blogger!

I really liked the bit of advice you gave in the end of your article, because so many times I've wanted to delete posts because I felt they lacked in substance, but your tip reassured me that keeping them was a good reminder of how far I've come!

Thanks for the inspiration!

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

These are so, so sweet! She is going to love such a thoughtful gift. Love your pretty banner too. Thank you so much for linking up. I always love to see what you are up to! :)

carol2718 said...

I wish I was talented as you are, these look cozy and cute!

Robin Norgren said...

these came out beautifully. I do love little projects to remind my hands and my heart of the meditative moments I MUST squeeze in.

laura lee said...

oh my. these are so cute they made my uterus twitch! ;)

Elizabeth GLZ said...

OMG! How cute is that. I love ,love those knitted baby projects. Lucky teacher, lucky wife and lucky baby. He will look precious!

Roberta said...

Ahhh...you are too sweet! I'm sure your child's teacher will be so pleased with these lovely, hand made items. My aunts made baby blankets and sweaters for my boys when they were babies and I still have them tucked away for my grandbabies...someday ;) Hope you have a wonderful week. Fondly, Roberta

Diana said...

I treasure the handmade gifts the most especially for babies! Love them.

Valerie Weller said...

ooo- so sweet! Beautiful hand work.

Mama Gone Green said...

that is the cutest diaper cover ever!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...