Saturday, May 28, 2011

hot date at the symphony

My hot date @jeremyclayprice @DallasSymphony

Last night the hubby and I had a hot date at the Dallas Symphony Orchestra!  I got a call yesterday afternoon that someone wanted to gift us with two tickets to the symphony.  It was a scramble to find a babysitter, but we were both so glad we did!  It was our first time to go to the symphony, and it was just beautiful.  The orchestra played music from Rodgers and Berlin and the great Marvin Hamlisch conducted the pieces.  He's won numerous awards, and I loved how he seemed to have fun with it and make the crowd laugh.  The vocalists were also quite amazing.  If you've never been to the symphony before, I would highly recommend it!

PS: Cameras are not allowed but I snapped this with my iPhone before it started.

5 comments :

MaryAnne said...

How romantic!

Mike and I went to the symphony once, when we first moved to Massachusetts. It was very nice!

I lived in Vienna, Austria when I was in high school, and I used to go to free open air concerts, and to get $2/3 standing room tickets for all sorts of concerts!

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Sounds like a great date! I love that you captured the moment with at least one photo. (you are a rebel!) Hope you have a great weekend Jen!

The Herd said...

Sounds like it was fun! And what a nice gift to receive!! So happy for you two!

blissful_e said...

Ben and I love going to the symphony. The first performance we attended was right after he proposed to me. :)

Kerri said...

Glad you guys enjoyed it. Dan and I have been to the symphony a couple of times and really enjoyed it. We had never been to the ballet. When we were in Russia we took Sasha to the ballet. I wasn't that excited about going, but I have to say that we really enjoyed it! Sasha liked it also, but said it was too long. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...