Friday, June 24, 2011

silhouettes

I saw this silhouette idea while I was researching for my Today's Mama Father's Day crafting roundup post.  I knew I wanted to include it in our gifts of {love}, but I also knew I wanted to adapt it just a little bit.  I already had all the supplies to put it on canvas, so that's just what we did.

jman side profile

eg side profile

I had the kids paint a background on an 8X10 canvas.  Then I took a picture of their side profile.  That was enough for one day.  Day two involved me putting a white sheet of paper over my computer screen and lightly tracing each kid's profile.  I suggested they make a collage of the things that describe them.  Joshua loved the idea.  Emma G opted to draw herself instead.  Don't you just love the braid hanging down?

eg silhouette

jman silhouette

After gluing their profile on, I covered the whole thing in Mod Podge to seal it.  I absolutely love how these turned out!  They truly were a gift of love that the kids proudly gave their daddy on Father's Day!

Linking up with the lovely Jennifer@Studio JRU for Sneak Peak Friday.

18 comments :

blissful_e said...

These are fantastic!!

Ana Degenaar said...

so fun!

Courtney said...

I love how the finished products reflect their personalities! But I also love just the photographs you started with. Beautiful!

Sadee Schilling said...

What a great Father's Day gift! I just might have to try this next year! --Sadee@aPicturebookLife

Jennifer said...

Love this, Jen! Have to do this!!!

Kate said...

love this. It is such a cute idea.

MaryAnne said...

What a fun take on silhouettes!

Kate said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. If you would like a chance to win a spot in my Art Journaling 101 class there is a giveaway open until tonight at 11pm. Here is the link http://asouthernladysramblings.blogspot.com/2011/06/e-class-giveaway.html

INeedToColor said...

These are terrific! I love this idea - I'll have to try it next year!

The Herd said...

You have the greatest creativity!!! How fun--and I love that you actually did this...I have a lot of ideas saved, but haven't done many of them!

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Love these. What a great gift and so much fun to make! Love the braid. Love the fruit loops! :)

AMKreations said...

How beautiful! I love your idea...I need to try that...as a project with my kids. Thanks for sharing.

Cindy said...

Wow, these are cool! I will have to book mark this for NEXT Father's Day!

Blessings,
Cindy

Cindy said...

Oh, and I do l.o.v.e. the braid...how creative she is!

Roberta said...

Ahh..those are too sweet...it reminds me of the class I took at Art n'Soul...there is actually a name for this type of painting created by a famous painter: Archimboldo! Who knew right? Here's my link for that class: http://con-tain-it.typepad.com/love_shack_studio/2011/05/im-lovin-it-art-soul-in-the-studio-this-friday.html#more

Hope you have a wonderful week. Fondly, Roberta

Jennifer DeDonato said...

So wonderful...what a great gift!

starsandsunshine.com said...

Super adorable spin on the silhouette trend - love it!

Robin Norgren said...

These are BEAUTIFUL and to have them truly from the kiddos' artistic space = LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...