Wednesday, June 29, 2011

this boy of mine

He's really growing up.  He's definitely gaining in height over his short mama.  I see him growing in independence with each passing day.  It's a bittersweet thing, you know.

his smile

Every once in a while he reminds me that he's halfway to 18, which means he's halfway to moving out.  The first time he said it, I said, "Why are you saying that?  Do you want to move out?"  Then comes that smile that gets me every time.  He only says it to get a rise out of me, and it works. 

silly smile

When he says a joke that he thinks is funny, he crinkles his nose and lets out a giggle that is contagious.  I love it.  As we have our almost daily battles as he stretches his wings and tests out the waters of independence, I am so very thankful for that smile, that giggle, that brings us together again in the moments of tension and reminds me just how much I love this boy of mine.

7 comments :

blissful_e said...

You're right, his is a great smile! :)

Ana Degenaar said...

He's so precious.

MaryAnne said...

Beautiful post, and a beautiful boy.

Heather said...

You and I share the same sentiments, my friend! Boys sure are one of a kind and steal our hearts like no other.

Brittany Deniston said...

He's getting sooo big! give him hugs from me!

Five of US said...

The newest addition to our family is 3 months old. I seriously cried the other day when I realized he's wearing 12 mo outfits. I don't know what I'm going to do in a few years... He's a gorgeous kid. But if he asks, I said handsome. {:

Teachinfourth said...

You've taken some nice images on your site! You have a great eye...

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...