Monday, October 31, 2011

at the pumpkin patch

I recently went with Emma G on a field trip to the pumpkin patch.  I love school field trips!  The kids roamed through the maze, listened to story time, and colored some pages.  The hay really bothered my allergies to the point where my eyes looked like they were barely open (it was so bad my husband said I looked like a zombie).  We've had a terrible drought this year, and farmers have really been affected.  The ladies working said they had to get pumpkins from Indiana because of the drought.

little pumpkins

gourds

too bright

a big pumpkin

I brought some pumpkins home, and I'm thrilled to have pumpkin in my freezer and toasted pumpkin seeds to toss on salad or eat as a snack.  Click here to see my All Things Pumpkin recipes on Today's Mama!






Linking up with Communal Global for Sneak Peeks Around the World.  Check out my giveaway for Tom's of Maine products!

15 comments :

tinajo said...

Sounds like a great time and the pics are lovely! Pumpkins are so pretty! :-)

Elisa | blissfulE said...

Oh so sorry for you with your allergies! Cute picture of Emma G with her pumpkin, though. :) They call butternut squashes "pumpkins" here - I think I'll be attempting butternut squash pie for Thanksgiving this year. :)

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Oh, I do love this time of year!! Emma G sure is cute with her pumpkin!! blessings and happy halloween! tanna

Them Pates said...

Beautiful pics! Miss Emma sure can rock them aviators :)

Renee said...

I love the pumpkin patch! Even though my kids are teenagers, I took them to the pumpkin patch this year to get pumpkins and they had a great time. Sorry about your allergies. I know the feeling.

Cascia Talbert said...

Beautiful photos! It looks like you had a lot of fun at the pumpkin patch.

MaryAnne said...

I wish we could send you some of our rain - and snow, if you want it =)

Allergies and all, you got some great pictures!

Tracy Jo said...

Great pics! Mmmm-mmmm...pumpkin seeds!

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Looks like so much fun! Emma G is so cute! All those recipes look delicious. I love pumpkin. My mom makes a fantastic pumpkin roll... one of my favorites! :)

Angela@the crazyness that is me said...

Great photos and what a cool think to do!

likeschocolate said...

Don't you just love going to the pumpkin patch. I will sure miss that tradition though I will not miss carving them. Also, don't you just love the orange and white pumpkin striped pumpkins. We bought one this year!

Diana...aka...MeMe said...

Great photos! Love your recipes! Thanks for sharing!

Heidi said...

I get zombie allergies too, no fun. But you got some great shots through those swollen eyes!

hellopalz said...

Great shots at pumpkin patch, its so much fun to visit one! I love this season of the year....

Birgit said...

I wish there was a pumpkin patch somewhere around here -- no such luck though... I love, love, love the photos once again! It felt like being there with you guys.

Hugs,
Birgit

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...