Friday, October 28, 2011

a chalkboard book

Oh, how I love my chalkboard paint!  I saw a tutorial recently on making a chalkboard book and I was inspired.  I pinned it to one of my craft boards on Pinterest, because I knew I would want to come back to it.

writing in the book

As I was brainstorming for a self-portrait shoot, I was reminded of this idea so I gathered my supplies.  I already had chalkboard paint, primer, and sand paper.  I found a board book (the exact size I wanted) at Big Lots for 50 cents.  Can't beat that!

i heart the kind

I love the idea of creating stories over and over.  What a great gift for the imagination!  My favorite page she wrote is the one, "I love the King."  To make sure we were tracking, I asked her who the King was.  In a duh kind of voice she said, "God!"  We were definitely tracking. :)

a story

Look for my self-portrait photos next week where I incorporated this fun little book!

StudioJRU

Linking up with Jennifer @ Studio JRU for Sneak Peek Friday!  Enter my Tom's of Maine giveaway here!

23 comments :

tinajo said...

That looks fun - and I love the soft light in these pics Jen! :-)

Elisa | blissfulE said...

What a great result with the chalkboard paint, and I love the lighting in the photos, too.

Bren said...

great idea with the board book and I love the pics of your daughter

Jennibellie said...

Great book, thanks for sharing much love Jennibellie x

Life with Kaishon said...

Oh my goodness. That idea is so great. I want to go and make one today!

Tracy Jo said...

Very cool! I love how you said...creating stories over and over being a gift to the imagination. Such a beautiful gift you are giving your daughter - encouraging her to dream. :-)

Jenni C's said...

i am going to dig out my blackboard paint...and find a book....

MaryAnne said...

What a near craft - great photos, too!

MaryAnne said...

Oops I meant neat craft!

scrapwordsmom said...

What a clever idea!! I have been wanting to use this paint for quite awhile now...this gives me an idea...;)

Leslie

Manon said...

What a fabulous idea!

Jennifer said...

This is so cool, Jen! I love chalkborad paint, too :)

Carissa said...

awwwww... so sweet. I love that she wrote "I love the King" :)

Such a neat idea!

Stephanie said...

Love iT!

Michelle said...

It's been years since I used chalkboard paint & I sure did love it too!

Lindsay(PACountryCrafts) said...

Great idea!!! Love that it fosters creativity!!

Roberta said...

Love the board book and it looks like a great item to bring along in a car to keep the kids occupied. We used to play connect the dots, hangman and do you see what I see...all the time when we had the kids in the car. Having a chalkboard book like this would have been great and so green when it comes to paper waste. LOVE the big lots price as well. Can't wait to see what your next photo shoot brings as well...lol Have a wonderful weekend, fondly, Roberta

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Love, love, love this Jen! What a fun idea. I love the photos of your sweetie. She is just precious! Can't wait to see more with the book. :)

Them Pates said...

I love how you find an idea and make it happen! The pic of your daughter coloring in the heart is my fav :)

Robin Norgren said...

look at how much your girl is LOVING THIS!

Renee said...

What a great book! I looks like so much fun!

sonyamacdesigns said...

off to Big Lots ... what a great idea for Christmas presents

Birgit said...

That's such a fun idea. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...