Wednesday, October 26, 2011
This is my entry in the Just Ask Bucket List Getaway Giveaway. Just Ask offers a breast and ovarian cancer screening and is encouraging people to share 15 things that they want to enjoy in their lifetime as a reminder to be aware of their health. Want to enter? Head over to TodaysMama.com to get the details.
1. Write a book, about what I don't know, but someday...
2. Take my mom to Sweden to see where her great-grandfather grew up.
photo credit tina jo
3. Get in a Land Rover with the bare essentials and drive around Africa with my husband and kids.
4. Learn how to make curry that tastes like it came straight from India.
5. Have homes on multiple continents.
6. Knit a pair of socks.
7. Travel internationally at least twice next year.
8. Buy a new set of couches.
9. Visit South America. In all my travels, I've never been to S. America.
10. Visit several more state parks with the kids. We've visited a handful but there's lots more to go!
11. Get to a point where I don't dread exercise every.single.day.
12. Learn to speak another language.
13. Plant a garden and live off of it.
14. Learn to sew better and then make a quilt.
15. Win this incredible Today's Mama giveaway!
I've never really been one to make bucket lists. Goals, dreams, desires, yes, but not bucket lists. Around number 10, I got stumped...what else do I want to do? I realized that I've been able to experience so much in my 34 years so far, and it's left me with an incredible sense of gratitude to God for the things He's allowed me to be a part of and do. It has also left me extremely grateful for the three other people in this family that I've been able to experience life with.
Do you have a bucket list? If so, what's one thing on it? You can also enter the bucket list giveaway here!