Tuesday, November 15, 2011

autumn splendor

flag ceremony

The I Heart Faces photo challenge this week is Autumn Splendor.  We used to live in New England where those two words put together definitely meant something spectacular.  Reds, browns, oranges, yellows, it was amazing.  After suffering such a bad drought this summer here in Texas (which we are still recovering from) I haven't seen many traces of autumn.  There's some beautiful trees here and there, but it definitely doesn't feel like autumn.  (As I sit and write this, it's 80 degrees outside...in the middle of November.)

The boys went camping this weekend with the cub scouts.  It reminded me of last year's camping trip where the beautiful yellows felt like autumn, so I decided to enter this photo and remember cooler days and beautiful colors.

I-Heart-Faces-button

11 comments :

tinajo said...

Lovely photo! :-)

Leovi said...

I love, exquisite picture, the light is pure finesse.

Bren said...

Ah, that picture reflects my neck of the woods as well. Wonderful picture, you captured such a moving moment, love it.

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Love that photo... and all it stands for... blessings ~ tanna

Renee said...

That was a picture perfect day!

In His Image Photography said...

This is an amazing photograph. Such a great memory you captured.

Kristine said...

Really great capture!

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

This is gorgeous!! Looks like it could have come straight from a Norman Rockwell piece! Beautiful!

MaryAnne said...

Love the colors in that photo! We always enjoy the beautiful colors in New England - it may be my favorite thing about living here!

Tracy Jo said...

Awesome picture!! 80 degrees...geez. :-)

Africa's Blog said...

I love seeing the word autumn, all I ever hear here is the 'fall' LOL!!

looking forward to reading more of your blog and your life stories!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...