Tuesday, November 29, 2011

blown away

I know you've heard the expression, "When it rains, it pours."

That's kind of how this week feels in a good, blessing of God kind of way.  I'll try to explain this week's events while not getting too wordy in the process.  During our sabbatical, God highlighted individual areas of creativity that we felt we were make space for in our future endeavors.  So when Jeremy was asked to go to Colorado Springs this week to lead worship in one of the YWAM schools, we were both excited.

I decided that I would go to a photography Dinner With Friends event with Jeremy Cowart because 1. it's always nice to get out of the house when Jeremy's gone, 2. I love Jeremy Cowart's work, and 3. my friend, Esther Havens, who I haven't seen for many years was going to be there.  I paid my $20 and began thinking of babysitters.  That's when a series of events fell into place that I still can't believe.

Jeremy Cowart is doing a LifeFinder Tour, an all day event where he shares such things as responding to lighting in pressure situations, his favorite post-production secrets, and lots more.  I briefly talked to the hubs about going.  The cool thing about the ticket price is that it included a +1 so you could give your ticket to someone in need.  To make a long story short(er) someone decided to give me their +1!

chipwrecked

Then, last Tuesday (a week ago), I got an email asking if I wanted to go to the press junket for Alvin & The Chipmunks Chipwrecked.  Not just go but be flown out to L.A., be put up in the Four Seasons hotel, meet and interview Jason Lee, and also attend a special screening of We Bought A Zoo.  I thought the email was a mistake for sure, but it wasn't.  After me freaking out and much discussion, Jeremy and I decided I would go.

I am so thankful for my friends who are helping me out with the kids, so I can go.  Tonight I attend Dinner With Friends.  Tomorrow I attend the LifeFinder Tour all day and leave from there to go to the airport.  I'll get home from L.A. on Friday.  That's my crazy schedule!  I look forward to posting about my trip when I get back!

15 comments :

Elisa | blissfulE said...

How exciting!

junglewife said...

Wow, that's great! Look forward to hearing about all your adventures when you get back!

Sorry I haven't been by to comment much lately. REcently our internet filter started blocking Flickr... which meant that I could read your posts but not see any of your pictures! Thankfully whatever had changed is now changed back, so I can enjoy all your wonderful photography :-)

Zachary Price said...

tell jason that i like him better with a stache and his best work was almost famous. thanks.

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Amazing!! You are having such an exciting week!! Enjoy every moment! Look forward to hearing about your wonderful adventures! blessings ~ tanna
"for I know the plans I have for you..."

Renee said...

I'm so excited for you! It sounds like a whirlwind but I'm sure you're going to love every minute!

When I was in middle school and high school my nickname was Alvin (from Alvin and the Chipmunks) because my cheeks were so fat! lol

Enjoy your blessings!

The Reeds said...

No way!! That is SOOO awesome! Please share how in the world that happened!!!?

MarieHarmony said...

What a life! How exciting! Enjoy each moment and looking forward reading all about it next week!

MaryAnne said...

Wow! Have fun - and I look forward to reading about it when you return!

Lindsay Conner said...

Oh, wow! What an e-mail to come home to. :) So exciting!

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

So, so excited for you! Praying for safe travels. Can not wait to hear all about it when you get back! :)

karen said...

That's awesome! I love to see how God has been using you during this state time!

Stephanie said...

UM WOW!

Mina said...

How awesome Jen! :-) Safe travels and have FUN!!

Brittany Deniston said...

WOW! That is soo awesome!

Them Pates said...

Whoa!! So cool!! Have fun!! I'll be praying for safe travels and everything to go smoothly while you're gone. It's going to be a fast week, but I know you'll soak up as much as possible :) I think it's so cool when God just overwhelms us with unexpected blessings....how kind He is to us...in countless ways...

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...