Tuesday, November 22, 2011

heroes & villains of the bible {review}

heroes & villains of the bible

I recently received Heroes & Villains of the Bible in the mail.  I must say that I am quite impressed with this book!  This hardback is the perfect size for kid's hands to hold.  Although it shouldn't replace your child's full Bible, I love how it's structured.  Each chapter contains either a hero or villain straight from the Bible.  The story is Scripture, not a paraphrased story version.  I love that!

reading a book

My favorite part is the very first line of the very first chapter on God, The Creator.  "All good things begin with God, the greatest hero of all.  And just as he created the world and every good thing in it, God created you and every good thing in you."  Beautiful line!

heroes & villains of the bible

The end of each chapter has a short summary on the hero or villain of that chapter.  It's almost like a mini devotional that helps kids see why it's good to be a hero and bad to be a villain.  I think this book is geared for boys and would be great for the older reader in your family, say in the 8-11 year old range.

Disclosure: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

6 comments :

Elisa | blissfulE said...

I love it that even heros have their humanness exposed in the Bible. Such an encouragement that nothing is impossible with God.

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

I will keep this one in mind for the Little Men. Thank you. blessings ~ tanna

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

That sounds like a great book! Even for us adults! :)

Cascia Talbert said...

Sounds like a great book!

MaryAnne said...

I love the expression on Emma G's face as she reads!

Tracy Jo said...

Great review! I love the concept of heros and villians and teaching kids the stories of the bible that way.

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...