Monday, November 28, 2011

thanksgiving snapshots

I should call this Thanksgiving week snapshots.  We decided to put up a Christmas tree before Thanksgiving because we would be gone the day after Thanksgiving when we usually put it up, and we won't all be back together for another week.  I love the smell of pine and the sight of twinkling lights at night, so I couldn't bear waiting so long. :)

Decorating the #Christmas tree.

our christmas tree

We traveled West for Thanksgiving this year, and I cooked the meal while Emma G kept careful tabs on what was prepared and what still needed to be put on the table.  Brining the turkey is still my favorite way to fix a turkey.  However, when juice spills out due to a tear in the tin pan, it creates lots of smoke which makes its way into the food. :(  Lesson learned...don't use a flimsy tin pan with an 18 lb. turkey.

turkey

thanksgiving feast

food list

I did try a new roll recipe that was a hit, and I beat the kids in our after meal game of Sorry.  Everyone in this family plays to win. :)

game of sorry

Linking up with Communal Global for Sneak Peeks Around The World.  Don't forget to enter to win a 16X20 canvas print from UPrinting!

18 comments :

Elisa | blissfulE said...

Your tree is gorgeous and so are you! :)

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Looks like a w.o.n.d.e.r.f.u.l. Thanksgving!! And, your tree is so pretty!! =D
blessings ~ tanna

Renee said...

I love your Christmas tree and that looks like a great Thanksgiving feast!

MaryAnne said...

That turkey looks fantastic!

I love the tree, and especially the fabric-wrapped packaged underneath =)

I've pinned that roll recipe to try out - it sounds great!

AudreyO said...

We too had a really nice thanksgiving meal. We were in charge of bread and my daughter made garlic cheese biscuits that everyone loved. My sister in law bought turkey breasts and turkey legs instead of a whole turkey and they came out great. We had the BEST blueberry cheesecake for dessert :)

Ashley said...

Turkey looks delish!! Glad you had a good Thanksgiving :) My family likes to wait until wayyy close to Christmas to put up the tree, then have it up for a while after Christmas lol. I must say that it's probably a tradition I'll break after I leave home, but I'll enjoy it while I'm there now!! lol :)

Leovi said...

Nice pictures, I love that beautiful tree light.

Chic Homeschool Mama said...

Beautiful tree- I love how it glows!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Wonderful week of photos :o) Hugs to you my friend! Thank you so much for stopping by!

Blessings & Aloha!

Tracy Jo said...

The turkey looks delicious and I love the tree!! We got ours up too and it makes me smile every morning. :-)

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Your tree is gorgeous. It just glows!! The Thanksgiving table looks amazing. And yummy. :) I love playing family games at holidays... great times!

Tracey Potter said...

wow, looks great!

Life with Kaishon said...

Oh! I love your tree. So, so pretty! What a fantastic tree. LOVE the lights : ) Love your yummy turkey too!

Angela@the crazyness that is me said...

Oh your tree looks amazing! And the turkey - yummy - I have only ever had Turkey once and I loved it!

homeschoolceo said...

Beautiful captures! That tree is gorgeous ;)

Five of US said...

I'm coming to your house next year. It. Looks. FABULOUS! And fun.

Anonymous said...

That tree is GORGEOUS!!

Alisha Ippolito said...

The tree is beautiful and I love that color shirt on you Jen :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...