Friday, January 20, 2012

because every girl needs a pink gator

When my friend, Stacy, called me in October telling me that the only gift her daughter requested for Christmas was a pink alligator, I knew I needed to help her out.  I mean, every girl needs a pink gator, right?

pink gator

As I browsed Ravelry, I found the perfect pattern, Plush Alligator by Kristi Benedict.  It was well worth the $5.  The belly is my favorite!  This gator is actually quite long, 18 inches, if I remember correctly, but it knits up super fast using a bulky yarn.  I used Lion Brand Thick & Quick in white and pink and wooden buttons for the eyes.  I'm a total fan of wooden buttons.

awesome belly

wooden eyes

If you know a girl who needs a pink gator, let me know, because I'm in the business of making sure every girl has a pink gator in her life. :)

StudioJRU

Linking up with Jennifer @ Studio JRU for Sneak Peek Friday.  It's the highlight of my week.  You should check it out!

16 comments :

tinajo said...

Super cute!! :-)

Elisa | blissfulE said...

Auwesome! That's one girly 'gator!

Elisa | blissfulE said...

And yes, that is the new spelling of 'awesome'... ?? :)

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Oh, Jen!! Another masterpiece!!! LOVE that little pink gator! I just had a request from my daughter for another bunny (so the Littlest Man will have one to match his big brother's Coco O'Hare). Maybe... I could interest them in a gator! Too cute!! Very well done. blessings ~ tanna

Renee said...

That is really cute! You do such a great job with your knitting!

Tracy Jo said...

So cute! Gotta love kid's imaginations. Happy weekend!

MaryAnne said...

Your gator is adorable! And I love that that is the one thing that little girl wanted for Christmas!

Carissa said...

SO CUTE! :) I love it!

strandkorbtraum said...

haha .. do I know a girl who would like one ... ehh ... I know me. That's really a lovely gator!

Roberta said...

She's a lucky girl having a Momma who makes her such sweet things ;} Have a great week, fondly, Roberta

Mary said...

CUTE - that is what we all need!!

peggy aplSEEDS said...

LOL, well done! that is such a cute story and project! thanks for sharing,
hugs, peggy aplSEEDS

Birgit said...

That gator is surely the pride of your friend's daughter now! So sweet. :) You should link that up to Pink Saturday.

Have a great weekend,
Birgit

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Oh yes... every girl needs a pink gator! Love it! And the belly is so sweet! :)

Cindy said...

Well, I think now I can say that I have seen everything! Does she (the gator) giggle when you tickle it's tummy? *smiles*

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

How cute is that! I am sure she just loves it to pieces. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...