Sunday, January 22, 2012

hearty chicken minestrone

hearty chicken minestrone

We recently celebrated with our friends as they brought their son home from Ethiopia!  To help ease them into a life with three kids, we brought a meal to them, Hearty Chicken Minestrone from The Kitchn.  I used to never try out new recipes on people other than my family, but it seems that is becoming the norm now.  I've never cooked with chard and loved this addition to the soup.  I did use canned beans for the sake of time (I didn't plan well to use dry), and I used MSG free chicken broth (love the convenience of chicken broth in a carton, hate the MSG part so I spend a little extra to get it without).  I would definitely make this again!

10 comments :

Elisa | blissfulE said...

Mmmm... that looks good! I went through a phase where it seemed like my guests were always subjected to cooking experiments. Thankfully they usually turned out well. :)

tinajo said...

Looks delicious and that was nice of you! :-)

tinajo said...

(Oh, and I´m making a blanket for our bedroom)

MaryAnne said...

This sounds good!

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

That was so thoughtful of you, Jen! AND, it looks delicious. blessings ~ tanna

Renee said...

That looks really good!

The Reeds said...

Okay, so I just pinned this on pinterest and am making it soon! Looks so perfect for this blustery weather. :)

The Reeds said...

and p.s. since i'm now cooking dairy free it seems that EVERY meal is experimental or when I cook for someone else I can't taste it... It's a REALLY strange experience to say "hope you like it?!" and really mean it!

Jennifer said...

What a blessing-the gift of soup :) Looks yummy.

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Looks amazing! That was a sweet gift!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...