Friday, February 24, 2012

his vintage elephant

elephant front

Usually when it comes to handmade gifts, I feel like Joshua sometimes gets the short end of the stick. There's just SO MANY possibilities for girls. As he gets older, I feel like the possibilities dwindle even more. So when he hinted that he wanted me to make him an elephant, I jumped on it. It was his one handmade Valentine's gift (besides cards).

elephant side

Flo (although I don't think that's the name he's sticking with) the Elephant was my favorite choice as I browsed Ravelry. It had a slight vintage feel to it that I loved. I also love the orange contrast with the blanket stitch on the ears and around the feet.

feet

I didn't pay much attention to the gauge. It's just an animal, after all, but it did turn out much bigger than anticipated. Joshua didn't mind. He actually wanted one bigger! I just love the angle from this shot he captured of his BIG animal.

jman's shot

Linking up with Jennifer @ Studio JRU for Sneak Peek Friday. It's such a great place to share your creativity!


StudioJRU



11 comments :

Anita said...

You did an amazing job! Love it! I"m glad that he's happy too....probably one of the greatest feelings a Momma can have...a happy kiddo!

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Oh, my goodness! That is the cutest thing ever! I am going to have to look that pattern up for a potential Little Men project!! LOVE it, Jen! blessings ~ Tanna

mary said...

love the elephant, my uncle had a stuffed elephant, he called it "haunt", because he couldn't say elephant. thanks for sharing...

MaryAnne said...

What a cute elephant!!!

Them Pates said...

sooo cute!! Great choice :) I can't believe how fast you can whip things like that out! :D

Renee said...

That's a great elephant! It's true that there just isn't as much to make for a boy but this is a great one!

Suz and Allan said...

That is too cute!

{amy} said...

Wow! It looks amazing!! Great job!

Roberta said...

Oh this elephant is so sweet...and I hear you when it comes to hand-made gifts for boys...I had three of them and was so tired of the sporting equipment, etc. I'm sure that he'll treasure it for a long time.

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Oh my goodness... I love Flo the elephant! Does Flo have a new name? Adorable! I love how you took pictures of it outside like you did. Too cute! :)

Jennifer said...

I LOVE this, Jen! I know what you mean about making for our boys. But this elephant is great :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...