Sunday, March 25, 2012

black bean quesadillas

black bean quesadillas

I have been on a black bean kick lately. I absolutely love them! I used Budget Bytes method of cooking black beans in the crock pot (much cheaper and tastes better than canned) and then divided and froze them. I used a portion to make these black bean quesadillas also from Budget Bytes. They were delicious. Emma G ate all of hers. She's becoming the more adventurous eater. Joshua wouldn't touch them. I honestly don't get it, but that's a story for another day. I used this recipe from 100 Days of Real Food to make wholewheat tortillas. I couldn't believe how filling these quesadillas were!

6 comments :

tinajo said...

They look really good! :-)

Suz and Allan said...

Looks great! Have you had black bean & corn salsa?

{amy} said...

These sounds delicious! I'd probably have to add some chicken for my meat-eating boys, but I'll definitely try these soon!! :)

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Looks delicious Jen! Yay for Emma G being adventurous! ;)

Elisa | blissfulE said...

Yea! We enjoy these, too (though we haven't added corn... may try that). Black beans in the crock pot has become an essential for this family, as you can only find (very very expensive) black beans in a few stores occasionally here.

MaryAnne said...

I've made them like Elisa, without corn. We'll have to try the corn version. LOVE home-cooked black beans!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...