Tuesday, July 17, 2012

off to uganda

blowing bubbles
uganda 2009

Well, today's the day. At 10:15 am S. African time, I board the plane for Uganda. I've been planning and preparing for 5 months and now today is the day. There's the usual excitement that comes with a trip like this, mingled with a little intimidation. When I went to India, the whole experience of capturing the stories with my camera was new and a step outside my comfort zone. That feels comfortable to me now. This time it's a new comfort zone I'm stepping out of. Along with capturing the stories, I'm doing a three hour training session (twice) with local Ugandans on storytelling. The official title of my teaching is Giving Voice To The Poor. I'm also speaking at a Leadership and Mission Conference on Leading With Excellence. As I looked at the lineup, I realized that I'm the only female, only non-pastor and non-doctor, and only non-African. And, my 45 minute message comes right after the keynote address. Pray for me!

Uganda_map 

I will be gone for 13 thirteen days, so you might pray for Jeremy, too. :) I'll be in Kampala and Gulu during that time photographing the beautiful people. I'm not sure what internet will be like so I might be on here. I might not. Hopefully I'll see you!

8 comments :

Brandi said...

Take care my friend! Safe travels!

Jenni C's said...

pray that God will speak through you to a country that really needs, His vision, will pray too for your safety, blessings from way down South.

tinajo said...

Take care!

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Oh, sweet Jen. I will be holding you in prayer. You will do wonderfully and I look forward to your photojournal. blessings and hugs ~ tanna
ps I will pray for Jeremy and the kiddos, too. ;)

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Praying, Jen. Praying with so much excitement for you. I love that first photo!

MaryAnne K said...

I'm sure you will do great, but we will keep you in our prayers :)

Elisa | blissfulE said...

You'll do great! It will be a blessing to everyone there to hear from such a totally different perspective than the other speakers bring.

rooth said...

Have a safe journey and can't wait to hear about your trip when you get back

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...