Wednesday, August 15, 2012

beautiful kevin

I'm not sure if that's the correct spelling of her name right, but I do know that Kevin is a beautiful girl with a beautiful smile when it shines through. She lives at Uganda Jesus Village, an orphanage in Kampala that has taken in maybe about 50-60 orphans from Northern Uganda.

beautiful kevin 

She is the baby of the "family" and the only one who is fighting a battle with HIV/AIDS. I don't know her story of how she came to UJV, but I pray that her future is surrounded by hope. I saw such a sadness in her eyes, and it broke my heart. I see it here in S. Africa, too...children who have to experience and deal with so much more than they should at such a young age. It's such a different reality and I wish I could change the past for them.

sweet smile 

Even though it was brief, I grabbed my assistant after church and we did a photo shoot of Kevin. It took some work, but we got that beautiful smile to come out. Isn't she stunning in her blue dress?

6 comments :

Brandi said...

Kevin's story breaks my heart. So sweet that you were able to give her a reason to smile. I bet she really appreciates the time you spent with her.

rooth said...

She is stunning and I like her little grin - it makes her seem like a kid and for a moment, you believe that she doesn't have to deal with the issues that she deals with on a daily basis

Elisa | blissfulE said...

How great that you were able to help her smile. What a lovely girl!

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Oh she is so beautiful. What a precious child. Unbelievable to think about what they have to endure at such a young age. Praying for Kevin!!

{amy} said...

Yes, she's stunning! Her story brings tears to my eyes. I'm glad you were able to spend some time with her!

maryanne @ mama smiles said...

Such a lovely girl, and the dress is perfect. It is sad that she is dealing with so much so young.

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...