I already have different sizes and styles of black frames. I started looking at the prints and thought, "Surely I can make my own." So I got started, and I'm so excited with what I have so far. The left is the photo I used and the right is the finished result that I will have printed.
In case you're interested in my method, here's how I did it using Photoshop CS5.
1. Pick an image. It doesn't really matter if it's edited or not.
2. After you've opened it in Photoshop, set your foreground color to black and your background color to white.
3. Go to Filter -> Sketch -> Stamp. You can play around with your Light/Dark Balance and Smoothness settings, but 25 for Light/Dark Balance and 5 for Smoothness is pretty good.
4. You might need to "clean up" some areas from stamping. Select the paintbrush and paint the areas you don't want in the print, white. You might need to fine tune some of the black with a small brush.
5. You can crop to get the desired effect and then you're done!
Linking up with Jennifer @ Studio JRU for Sneak Peek Friday.